ads

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

Rio Ferdinand has announced his retirement from football. The former England, West Ham United, Leeds United and Manchester United central defender spent last season at QPR, who were relegated from the Premier League. Ferdinand, 36, told BT Sport he had decided to bring an end to his career. “This season I really found out that it was time to hang the boots up and get back in the house and watch other people play the game,” the former England captain said.

The confirmation came after a season in which Ferdinand struggled to hold down a regular place in the QPR side. Ferdinand was absent for the closing stages of the campaign. His wife, Rebecca Ellison, died of cancer on 1 May. “I’d also like to thank and pay tribute to my late wife, Rebecca, and my family, including my mother and father, for their sacrifices, their encouragement and their advice throughout my career,” added Ferdinand. “And finally, I’d like to thank all the fans from all the clubs, for without them professional football would not exist. I will miss each and every one of you on my Saturday afternoons.”

About 247tops blog

Dope,Talented and Multi-Tasking Genius
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Post a Comment


Top